[Koha-devel] FW: [Koha] Fines for Short Loan Items

Bernard Shiundu BShiundu at strathmore.edu
Sat Apr 12 12:48:52 CEST 2008

From: Galen Charlton [galen.charlton at liblime.com]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 11:05 PM
To: Bernard Shiundu
Cc: Developers Koha (Koha-devel at lists.koha.org)
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] FW: [Koha] Fines for Short Loan Items

>Stupid question time - is NEU's code in the Savannah CVS, or is it
>somewhere else?

Its in the savannah cvs

>We're not actively working on it just yet, but one of LibLime's
>customers would like to be able to set the due date and fines for
>certain types of loans on an hourly basis, e.g., for overnight loans
>where an item must be returned by a specific time the following
>morning.

Hmmm this sounds interesting I know quite a few libraries this way who would like that too

>reserves module, but there are enough commonalities that I wonder if
>(and hope) that we can use the same issues table for both "normal" and
>hourly loans.

Probably, when I did my port it more of a hot-fix (staff were going wild with having to tack pieces of paper to student cards ;)) - didn't take too much time to go into the details beyond making the feature available, manpower's at a premium this side of town :(

While we're here just out of curiosity whatever happened to the clubs and something feature that was in dev-week on savannah cvs? Looked pretty interesting to me (for current awareness services) was hoping it would make it's way to koha 3 but it didn't.