[Koha-devel] "freezing" koha 3.0

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue Apr 29 14:53:42 CEST 2008

>  I think we really should stop hacking koha that much & work only on
>  stabilizing things. And by stabilizing I mean "stop adding anything new,
>  strictly, really strictly, just fix things that have to be fixed"

For the most part, I agree. I think we've really strayed from the
timetable, and I agree with Paul's observation that we're seeing a lot
of new stuff and not a lot of bug fixing. I think there comes a time
when we have to stop and evaluate whether the features that are
getting added are really necessary to make Koha 3.0 a good solid
package, and whether they're getting added because we've got customers
asking for them.

We all know this is a difficult issue--we've been through all this
before with previous releases.

>  3- I see some gui changes, done by owen, that are great. but such
>  changes can be done forever, things will never be perfect

Of course I disagree with anything referring to myself ;-)

>  And with git, it
>  should be "easy" for ppl wanting to have an hacked version of 3.0, with
>  a backported improvement from the dev branch to be done.

I agree.

So let's have a meeting and see if we can arrive at a game plan!

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries