[Koha-devel] About setting z3950 client daemon pazpar2 in koha 3.0 RC1

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Fri Aug 1 22:14:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Daniel Alejandro Benavides D.
<dabenavidesd at yahoo.es> wrote:
> IMPORTANT: The z3950search will NOT work until your system administrator has
> activated the z3950 client daemon on your server. The daemon is in
> KohaDirectory/script/z3950daemon. It should be added to rc.d to be launched
> during server boot.

That sentence looks like a glitch in the document, possibly a holdover
from 2.2, and I believe refers to using your Koha database as a Z39.50
target - to do that, Zebra is required.

You do not need to use Pazpar2 to access external Z39.50 servers -
Koha's current use of Pazpar2 is for an experimental workset grouping
feature.

Regards,

Galen
--