[Koha-devel] Status of Debian and Koha

Marc Chantreux marc.chantreux at biblibre.com
Mon Aug 4 13:50:57 CEST 2008

hello Vincent,

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:58:57PM +0200, Vincent Danjean wrote:
> There was a mix in these Debian package :
> * etch  libtext-csv-perl    contains Text::CSV_XS (with patches to also have Text::CSV interface)
> * lenny libtext-csv-perl    contains Text::CSV
>    lenny libtext-csv-xs-perl contains Text::CSV_XS

thanks for pointing it

> >> CGI::Session::Serialize::yaml
> > this is a very new koha dependance so Vincent didn't allready notice it
> > :)
>
> Argh. I just see this yesterday. libcgi-session-serialize-yaml-perl is currently
> in the NEW queue (and on my web page). I'm not sure it will be in the lenny
> distribution (it would need a freeze exception from the release managers...)

as we just want to provide some few packages for only one flavor (lenny)
and as there are some simple tools to maintain such a trivial repo,
we can also think about a koha repository (waiting for
andy|davis|sergeant).

> I know that koha can work without it, but it will more more difficult to
> package two versions of koha (one with and one without zebra) (mostly to
> ensure smooth upgrades and so on).

other points can be discuted for packaging. For example: how do we
handle localization files, or misc tools?

> MJ: can you tell me where I can find your work about koha packaging ?

MJ? :)

--
Marc Chantreux
BibLibre, expert en logiciels libres pour l'info-doc