[Koha-devel] [RFC 3.2] Adding some options to item display in OPAC

Michael Hafen mdhafen at tech.washk12.org
Mon Aug 4 16:52:38 CEST 2008

Sorry Paul, I forgot to CC the list on this.

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 15:48 +0200, Paul POULAIN wrote:
> (http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:rfcs3.2:display_item)
>
> On large networks, a given biblio can have multiple items. For a given
> patron, it's sometimes hard to see at 1st glance if a book is available
> at his own branch.
> This RFP want to improve the display of items.

[snip]
>    * hiding : some libraries may also want to hide completly items that
> are not in the branch of the patron (or branchip). A syspref could be
> added to activate this feature. If activated : in the result list, only
> the patron branch (or branchip) would be displayed. In the biblio detail
> same thing, but a click let the user see other items.

I have submitted a patch, and maintain it on my local git branch, that
mostly does that, only without the syspref.  I use the
IndependantBranches syspref as the trigger since this is the way my
librarians think this syspref should work.

Having it controlled by a syspref would be good for the case where
IndependantBranches isn't on.  However there are already so many
syspref's.

It would be nice if we could somehow sub-group them, or have an option
to hide syspref's considered 'advanced'.  I think in most cases the
default setting is right, so this may work.

Any other idea's / comment's along this line?

Thanks.