[Koha-devel] Post-3.0 git branch and version numbering

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Mon Aug 11 15:53:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

Congratulations to all on Koha 3.0 stable!  But, no rest for the weary...

To get the transition to 3.2 started, I plan to do the following later today:

[1] Create a 3.0-maintenance branch from the current master HEAD.
Future 3.0 packages and bugfix releases (e.g., 3.0.1) will be based on
this branch.

[2] Make several changes in HEAD to switch to 3.2 mode, including:

- changing version string in kohaversion.pl to 3.01.00.000.
- committing a separate copy of the 3.0-stable kohastructure.sql to
t/data/db_schemas/ for use by future test cases that will validate the
database update mechanism.

Since a stable 3.2 will be months away, for current work I suggest we
stick with using 3.1 as the version number, following the Linux kernel
convention that an odd subrevision number signifies an unstable
development version.

Regards,

Galen
--