[Koha-devel] Post-3.0 git branch and version numbering

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Tue Aug 12 14:31:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 4:19 AM, Henri-Damien LAURENT
<laurenthdl at alinto.com> wrote:
> As far as we (BibLibre) are concerned, even though it was talked about
> a while back, we are in fact not candidate for the QA management
> position in 3.2. So the position is indeed open: anyone volunteering ?

Joshua may be a volunteer; I'll let him toss his hat in the ring
directly if he chooses.  But going beyond the QA position, I would be
interested in setting up a mechanism for distributing the review and
signoff of important patches across as many contributors as are
willing to do it, which might ease the burden on the QA manager a bit.

> But I'm really willing to be Release Maintainer for 3.0.

Great.  What are your plans (roughly speaking) for maintaining 3.0.x?

> We fully support what Chris said about the roles being spread around as many
> organisations as possible.
> By the same token we support his candidacy to be the translation manager.

As do we.

> But I also think we should be clear about what those positions would mean.
> Specifically, these roles (Q&A, RM for 3.1, RMaint for 3.0,
> Translation) should have ssh access to the git repository via a key so
> that they can do what their position requires them to do, with
> sign-off of their commits so that RM can be informed in real time of
> what has been done.

This can be done on a branch-by-branch basis.  In other words, we can
set it up so that the 3.0 maintainer can push directly to the 3.0.x
branch.

Regards,

Galen
--