[Koha-devel] Koha Plone Contest

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Aug 15 15:43:55 CEST 2008

"Nicole Engard" <nicole.engard at liblime.com> wrote: [...]
> As far as design I'm not fussed, but I was under the impression that it
> wasn't that easy to convert the current design into a plone template.  I'm
> fine with being proven wrong.
>
> That said, I do think we want something new and fresh to go with the new and
> improved 3.0 release.

Yeah, but let's not throw the babies out with the bathwater.  I've
seen too many "replacement website" projects where it never even gets
as good as the previous one, so my motto is: evolution not revolution!

I've no idea whether it's easy/hard/impossible to convert the current
design into a plone template.  I've not worked with plone for years.
Can someone put up a test Plone server and give the current web team
(including me) FTP-or-better access so that we can try converting the
template and see how easy it is to move the current web content across?

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)