[Koha-devel] Koha import problem

Jason Macki jmacki at iisd.ca
Wed Aug 20 20:45:46 CEST 2008

Hello,

I've been able to import data from our old library system to Koha by uploading directly into the underlying mysql tables. That includes the marc data as well as the regular data tables.

However, something about the ordering (I'm assuming) of the marc tags causes the search functions to not work properly. When I go into a record for editing and resave it through the web interface, the problem is corrected and the search functionality works.

Does anyone know if there is a way to programmatically correct disordered Marc records, through a perl script or otherwise? Or do you have any other suggestions?

My version of Koha is 2.2.9 running on Linux.

Thanks for your time,
Jason