[Koha-devel] On the way to the Debian package

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 17:54:05 CEST 2008

Vincent --

Thanks for your work on this.  I think I can answer a couple of your
questions.

Do you think that these duplicate files in language directory are here
> by intend (ie you think that one day JQuery, TinyMCE, YUI, ... will be
> different, depending on the language) or they are here by 'accident' ?
>  To ask differently, are you interested in a patch that add another copy
> of these files in a common location and try to remove all call to the
> 'lang' directory ?

The external js libraries, to my knowlege, are not translated and probably
should not be translated.  A "common" directory would make a lot of sense
for them (and possibly for some icon sets too).  There's been discussion of
doing this since 2007 at least.

>  Then, I've a few questions about the configuration:
> - is it possible to have the intranet and the opac on the same host
>  and port in two different web server directories (for example /opac
>  and /intranet) ?

As it stands, there would be conflict with this type of installation.  In
particular, the session cookies would overwrite each other if a user logged
into both at the same time.

--Joe Atzberger,
LibLime