[Koha-devel] RFC 3.2 - turn on warnings

Andrew Moore andrew.moore at liblime.com
Fri Aug 29 23:42:02 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
> I agree, except for query logging. It has been proven many times to me
> that it's usefull : the library tells you "I search this, and got no
> results, there's a bug in koha".
> You look in the logs, and see that the search was in fact "this and
> itemtype=that" or "this and available items only", which returns
> nothing, as there is no answer.
>
> So I think queries should be logged.

Hi Paul (welcome back!) -

I just sent an email RFC to this list about using Log4perl to start
handling our logging and debugging information. I can see it useful
for situations like this. If you'd like to log all of the queries in
the opac of one library, you could conceivably edit the configuration
file to turn up the logging in that area of the application and get
the information you want. You could do this with no changes to the
Koha code itself, this making it easier to maintain your logging
preferences. You can also easily configure it to log more during those
times when you're trying to track down a problem.

I encourage you to take a look at it and see if an approach similar to
the one I laid out might help us make it easier to get this type of
information out of Koha.

-Andy