[Koha-devel] RFC Adding column to biblio for Remainder Of Title - Was: RFC: Koha : Merge biblio & biblioitems tables

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Dec 2 01:31:32 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Michael Hafen <mdhafen at tech.washk12.org> wrote:
> I looked at it briefly for a different field, and found my understanding
> of XSL lacking.  Adding a column to the database was the quick solution
> for me.
XSL would also solve the specific problem you have, just turn on those
two sysprefs and walla ...

> I guess I can take another look.  It might be a good solution.  My
> thinking is that it's good to see data from the two ( potentially
> different ) copies of the record, what's in the database columns and
> what's in the marcxml column.  I'll have to look again at the XSL to see
> where it comes from too.
marcxml has a full MARCXML record blob representing the entire
bibliographic and item information for that record. XSL has the
advantage of being able to handle repeatable fields, wheras the
current database design for Koha can only handle non-repeatable
fields.

Josh

> On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 17:44 -0500, Joshua Ferraro wrote:
>> Michael,
>>
>> Have you experimented with the XSL support? I think it's a much better
>> way of solving this problem and many other problems with what should
>> display than adding more columns to the biblio table.
>>
>> My two cents ...
>>
>> Josh
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Michael Hafen <mdhafen at tech.washk12.org> wrote:
>> > Excellent, and it looks like it isn't used at the moment.
>> >
>> > Thanks.

>> > --
>> > Michael Hafen
>> > Systems Analyst and Programmer
>> > Washington County School District
>> > Utah, USA
>> >
>> > for Koha checkout
>> > http://koha-dev.washk12.org
>> > or
>> > git://koha-dev.washk12.org/koha

> --
> Michael Hafen
> Systems Analyst and Programmer
> Washington County School District
> Utah, USA
>
> for Koha checkout
> http://koha-dev.washk12.org
> or
> git://koha-dev.washk12.org/koha

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support