[Koha-devel] State of the debian packaging

Frederic Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Sun Dec 7 21:22:20 CET 2008

>> And if we know where the XML parser is called (directly or indirectly),
>> we can set in the koha file(s) the global variable
>> in order to force the good XML parser without requiring to modify a
>> global configuration file
> Primarily, Koha uses a SAX parser in MARC::File::XML, but also
> XML::Simple.

XML::LibXML::SAX is specifically required by MARC::File::XML. With
another SAX parser, XML MARC records are not correctly decoded-encoded
and accented characters, for example, are mixed.

In this file:

    MARC/File/XML.pm

line 21:

    my $factory = XML::SAX::ParserFactory->new();

a SAX parser is instantiated.

So since MARC::File::XML need XML::LibXML::SAX, it should ask explicitly
this parser and insert before line 21, as said by Vincent:

    $XML::SAX::ParserPackage = "XML::LibXML::SAX";

Can't someone contact MARC::File:XML package maintainer and ask him to
update his code?

--
Frédéric