[Koha-devel] State of the debian packaging

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 09:17:54 CET 2008

2008/12/8 Frederic Demians <frederic at tamil.fr>:

>> I prepared two commits for koha to force the use of the LibXML parser.
>> Can you test them and apply them if they are ok ? (I only greped for
>> any occurrences of XML::Simple and MARC::File::XML and add the correct
>> line). Both commits are available at the top of my wip-for-upstream
>> branch:
>> http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/koha.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/wip-for-upstream
>> They are:
>> - "Force MARC::File::XML to use the XML::LibXML::SAX parser"
>
> You have:
>
>    $XML::SAX::ParserPackage = "XML::LibXML::SAX";
>    use MARC::File::XML;
>
> It doesn't work. I've tested it on a Debian box where I can see
> immediately if extended characters are properly displayed or not which
> is not the case with your patch. This modification works:
>
>    $XML::SAX::ParserPackage = "XML::LibXML::SAX";
>    require MARC::File::XML;

This is because "use" is inside an implicit "BEGIN" block, so it would
be executed before $XML::SAX::ParserPackage is set. I haven't tested
it but this should work too:

BEGIN { $XML::SAX::ParserPackage = "XML::LibXML::SAX"; }
use MARC::File::XML;

Depending on whether anything is actually imported (a "use" is a
"require" followed by an "import"), this would mean a slightly
different thing.
--
cheers,
-ambrose

The 'net used to be run by smart people; now many sites are run by
idiots. So SAD... (Sites that do spam filtering on mails sent to the
abuse contact need to be cut off the net...)