[Koha-devel] TMPL_VAR default

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Dec 11 17:46:19 CET 2008

Joe Atzberger a écrit :
> Nahuel's recent patch for "no title" reminded me of something.  I don't
> think there is any problem with the patch, but I wanted to bring up the
> use of TMPL_VAR DEFAULT attribute, like:
>
> <!-- TMPL_VAR NAME="title" DEFAULT="No title" -->
>
> I like the way that looks.  But am I remembering correctly that there is
> some flaw in the translation system that impedes our use of this rather
> useful feature?  If so, can anyone say more specifically what the
> problem is?  That should be regarded as a bug worth fixing, and not some
> natural limitation that we just have to work around.  I'm willing to
> attempt it if anybody can narrow the problem down.

the parser tmpl_process3.pl searches for strings in templates & js &
.inc ...

It relies on a HTML parser and, for javascript all strings inside a _()
function.
the DEFAULT="<this is a string to put to .po file>" is not handled by
the tmpl_process

the tmpl_process3.pl has some ways to handle string detection, I think
it can be improved.
--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com