[Koha-devel] French sysprefs file encoding

Jesse Weaver jesse.weaver at liblime.com
Tue Dec 16 00:13:31 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Andrew Moore <andrew.moore at liblime.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Jesse Weaver <jesse.weaver at liblime.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I noticed that various patches to the systempreferences creation SQL
> script
> > for French have been in the Latin-1 encoding. The base encoding for the
> file
> > is UTF-8.
>
> Hi Jesse - Thanks for the notice.
>
> So, what do we need to do going forward to make sure that it is done right?
>
> Thanks,
> -Andy

Unfortunately, this is something that would vary a lot, depending on which
operating system and editor was used.

Vim/Linux seems to autodetect that it is UTF-8 and edits and saves it
correctly. (This is where I originally saw the problem; some latin-1 encoded
text near the bottom of the sysprefs script was breaking the autodetection.)

I think as long as any other editor were set to save the file as UTF-8,
everything would be okay.

Sincerely,
--
Jesse Weaver