[Koha-devel] ReservesNeedReturns

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sat Feb 23 05:05:26 CET 2008

Hi Tina

"If ON, a hold placed on an item available in this library must be
checked-in, otherwise, a hold on a specific item, that is in the library &
available is considered available"

So basically if this off, and you place a hold on a item that is at the
branch the hold is to be picked up from, the hold is marked waiting.
If its off, you have to get the item wand it through returns before its
marked waiting. This is what most libraries do as the have a holds/reserve
shelf that items marked waiting are put on to give to borrowers. They dont
want it to show as waiting and have a borrower come in to collect it until
they have retrieved it from out on the shelves and put it on the reserve
shelf

Chris