[Koha-devel] Koha.org-based Listserve

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Fri Feb 29 17:08:43 CET 2008

Hi gang,

Henri-Damien visited the US this week for the Code4libCon conference in
Portland and we had a chance to touch base for a few hours. One of the
topics we discussed was the need that's arising for additional Koha
mailing lists, particularly for non-English users of Koha. I've had several
requests now from other language communities for a language-specific
list that the community provides to that language community. BibLibre
has graciously offered to host a Mailman installation for such lists, so the
question arises, what domain shall we use?

For instance, we could have lists.koha.org, with all of our community
mailing lists (e.g., koha-devel at lists.koha.org) ... or we could stick with
the simpler convention koha-devel at koha.org. On IRC, Paul made a
good point that it's useful to distinguish between user accounts (ie, patches)
and lists (ie, koha-devel). Any other opinions?

Cheers,

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support