[Koha-devel] Koha 3.0 success

Mason James mason.james at liblime.com
Sun Jan 13 22:51:53 CET 2008

On 2008/01/12, at 8:47 AM, Chadwick, John, DCA wrote:

> We got two servers running with Koha 3.0 now. The backend works
> nicely. Our database admin likes the design and setup and she has
> been importing MARC records.
>
> The only issue we have now is that we can’t do a search from the
> OPAC. The screens display okay, but a search by title or author of
> materials we have imported are not showing up in search results.
>
> John

Hi John,

just my 2 cents

it seems like you probably have imported your marc records ok into koha
but your zebra isnt setup, running, or indexed correctly

ive had a similar issue too

you can verify that you have koha records like this, in your DB
mysql> select * from biblio;
or
http://mykoha/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/detail.pl?biblionumber=1

if you a result there,  you have records (or, at least 1 :)

=======================================
check that your 'Nozeb' syspref is set to '0'

next, rebuild your zebra indexes again (cant hurt :), something like
this....

$export KOHA_CONF="/home/mtj/koha/etc/koha-conf.xml"
$ koha/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b

which will take a few minutes. fmmv

make sure your zebrasrv process is running, and now try a OPAC search

that could take care of your issue.

Cheers, Mason

Mason James                                mason.james at liblime.com
Programmer                                         www.liblime.com
LibLime                                             +64 21 542 117