[Koha-devel] branching git for 3.0 / 3.2

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jul 1 11:17:58 CEST 2008

Hello,

With 3.0RC1 done, git should now have only bugfixes.
So I think it's time for a 3.2 branch.

I have no idea of how it can be done with git. Should be have 2 separate
repos ? only one with a git checkout -b rel_3_2 origin/rel_3_2 locally
to point on branch rel_3_2 ? That's probably the way to go. Git experts
will have more ideas...

We also must decide how/where commits are done.

I think we should have a patches30 at koha.org and a patches32 at koha.org
mailbox to send patches.

What about a patch for 3.0 that must be ported to 3.2 ? Should the
author of the 3.0 patch or the RM of 3.2 be responsible of the "cherry
picking" ? someone specifically dedicated to this task ?

Last question : who will be Release Maintainer for 3.0 ?

To continue with the memcached thread : maybe the memcached, once done
on 3.2, can be backported (for the core part only ?) to 3.0 to get speed
improvement before 3.2 is released. That will be 3.0RM decision, but if
asked, I would probably vote yes (once memcached stuff has been well
tested on 3.2 branch)

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com