[Koha-devel] page size & speed display

Frederic Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Tue Jul 1 16:12:10 CEST 2008

> These %s add up to considerably more than 100% don't they? What does
> that mean?

This is a dprofpp -I result. It means that it displays subroutine times
inclusive of child subroutine times. I suppose for example that
C4::Context::new call C4::Context::read_config_file that call
XML::Simple::XMLin. So we know that globally 16.7% of response time is
spent reading config file. If, thanks to mod_perl, a

> Also, 23 calls to C4::Context::read_config_file? Are we failing to
> detect that we've loaded it, or is that a misinterpretation?

So reading config file may be not so slow but it is called 23 times! If
you add a warning in this procedure, you see it is called from those
modules:

   1. Context.pm
   2. Output.pm
   3. Languages.pm
   4. Auth.pm
   5. Members.pm
   6. Dates.pm
   7. Log.pm
   8. Circulation.pm
   9. Stats.pm
  10. Reserves.pm
  11. Biblio.pm
  12. Koha.pm
  13. Branch.pm
  14. ClassSource.pm
  15. ClassSortRoutine.pm
  16. Heading.pm
  17. Search.pm
  18. XSLT.pm
  19. Items.pm
  20. Accounts.pm
  21. Overdues.pm
  22. VirtualShelves.pm
  23. Tags.pm

23 calls! It has to be fixed.

> Finally, CumulS(XML::LibXML::SAX::_parse) >
> CumulS(C4::Context::read_config_file) which reminds me that
> koha-conf.xml isn't the only XML file in Koha - are others used here?

marcxml biblio records? Even on a setup without XSLT?