[Koha-devel] mod_perl & Koha 3.0 on Solaris

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Jul 3 18:13:02 CEST 2008

Hello,

BibLibre has deployed Koha 3.0 at "Ecole des Mines de Nantes" on a sun
server (4 or 5 years old), the DB is 10k biblios (very small then), with
3 librarians and something like 600 patrons. NoZebra set up.

The response time on Koha 2.2 was OK

With 3.0, it's AWFUL !!! Really. Every page needs 6 seconds or more !!!
not joking.

so :
- it seems there is a problem with Solaris / Perl / Apache / ... We
(BibLibre) had the same problem some months ago, for another customer,
but he had a debian box also, so we switched and did not investigate
further. but now it's sure : there's a problem with sun / Perl / Apache.
dunno where exactly. does anyone experiment this too ?
- EMN will switch to mod_perl next week. They know it's untested & at
their own risk. But they'll report success or failure, so we will know ;-)

cheers.
--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com