[Koha-devel] New 'test suite' component for bugs database

Andrew Moore andrew.moore at liblime.com
Thu Jul 24 21:00:34 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Galen Charlton
<galen.charlton at liblime.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to have a new 'Test Suite' component created on
> bugs.koha.org.  This component would be for bugs and enhancements to
> the test suite itself (e.g., 2091) or for cleaning up problems
> identified by new tests (e.g., 2400); neither type of issue fits into
> 'command-line utilities', and I consider the test suite to be separate
> from installation.  IMO, the default assignee should be Andrew Moore.
> since he's taken the lead on improving our unit tests.

Sounds fine to me. I'm always happy to try to make the test suite work
better or easier to use.

I should probably point out at this point that I don't expect this to
mean that I'm solely responsible for writing tests for new code as it
is added, or for fixing tests when code changes or additions break it.
I'm hopeful that it becomes habit that contributors keep the relevant
tests updated in line with their changes and that we help each other
maintaining the tests just as we help each other maintain the rest of
the application.

In other words, please don't be bashful about editing files under the
t/ or xt/ directories, or about asking how they work!

Thanks,
-Andy