[Koha-devel] RFC 3.2 - email checkout slips

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Thu Jul 31 22:50:01 CEST 2008

Galen Charlton a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Galen Charlton a écrit :
>>
>>> This will build upon the existing C4::Letters infrastructure.
>>>
>> C4::Letters should be renamed to something like C4::MailNotifications or
>> something like that I think.
>>

> This points to a more general issue - in principle, a patron could
> receive notifications in lots of ways: physical mail, email, SMS, an
> RSS feed, an API call to an external automated telephone service, etc.
>  Most of these need some sort of message template, but the
> requirements will vary depending on the message transport.
>
> Some of the messaging stuff that Andy added a couple months ago does
> some of this, but question remains of the best way to generalize
> notifications for 3.2.
>
> Regards,
>
> Galen

IMHO, two things have to be clearly separated :
message, with its format (XML, csv, txt, doc, pdf, iso2709) and data,
C4::Notices or C4::Message could be a good name

and transport.

Should it not ?
So Notices should be only relevant to message formatting for output.
Then we could use that message in any C4::SMS, C4::Mail, C4::Syslog,
C4::Whatever transport system, may be in a Message or Notice folder.
Is that an idea ? Would this be too much of a burden ?

--
Henri-Damine LAURENT