[Koha-devel] Offline Module

David Schuster dschust1 at tx.rr.com
Thu Mar 13 18:58:38 CET 2008

What happens on checkin or checking out to another user offline if the item
was on hold?  Just asking.  Really happy to hear this is available.  I know
it probably won't know its on hold since it is offline, but when you load
the file is when things get interesting.

I would call it functional. The client-side program works great, but
the server side script is bare-bone and could use some more work.
Here's how it works:
Data from the client program is saved to a file, this file is uploaded
to a processing web app that takes the data and modifies the Koha
database accordingly.

For issues:
  If the item has not been issued, it issues it.
  If the item has been issued to the same person, it renews it.
  If the item has been issued to a different person, it returns the
item and issues it to the new borrower ( this is the one that could be
a problem, we could have it check the date, and if the issue date is
earlier than the current issue for the item in koha, just have it
write a statistic or something.

For returns:
  Much simpler, it returns it if it is currently issued.

The program uses dates and times based on the actual date/time of
issue/return, rather than the data/time the file is uploaded.

More info/screenshots here:
http://kylehall.info/index.php/projects/koha-tools/koha-offline-circulation/

It is available in koha-tools under kohaOfflineCirculation ( I blitzed
the old java based system ).

Kyle