[Koha-devel] Question about System Preferences

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Mon Mar 17 13:22:38 CET 2008

Hey Nicole,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 8:00 AM, Nicole Engard
<nicole.engard at liblime.com> wrote:
> Hello developers,
>
>  Quick question.  I'm writing the manual for v.3 - but on the OPAC tab
>  under General Preferences there are two options that confuse me.
>
>  There is AmazonSimilarItems and OPACAmazonSimilarItems.  What's the
>  difference?  At first I thought the first one was for the staff client
>  - but then why is it on the OPAC tab?  Can you clarify so I can word
>  it properly in the manual?
Yes, I agree this is confusing. In fact, last night I pushed up a
change that adds
a new tab for Amazon.com that has all of the Amazon-relevant settings in one
place. Your assumption on the difference between those two is correct: it's to
allow separate control for the OPAC and Staff Client. Also, see the following
patch message that may contain useful information for your manual:

http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=commit;h=4c92790fc08e7888d0a8fee057c5d98e942a6e5e

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support