[Koha-devel] koha beta version

Ignacio Javier ignacio.gomez at coremain.com
Mon Mar 24 11:27:25 CET 2008

Hi all, and congratulations for beta version!

I've started to inspect z3950 search, and my first impression is that the
capability of perform the search completely in a new window, inline sorting
of results, performance of searches, and granularity of searches (implicit
author AND title) add a lot of functionality for the librarian , but I
specially like the possibility of preview MARC records.

I would **love** a similar inline javascript for pagination, and doing the
limitation of records fetched at the ZOOM level. Possibly alowing it in the
search interface via a combo box or similar, but I suppose (am I correct?)
the trick is in alowing to maintain the zoom network connection enough time,
or negotiate it... and in a way that timeout errors can be catched?.

A minor, when trying to preview "Card" format, there is a Carp:

Could not create file parser context for file
"/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/compa
ct.xsl": No such file or directory at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/catalogue/showmarc.pl line 77

...but easy solution, seems pointing to intranet cgi-bin, not templates
directory, that's changing the xsltfile path (pointing to
config('intrahtdocs') instead of config('intranetdir')), worked:

my $xslfile =
C4::Context->config('intrahtdocs')."/prog/en/xslt/compact.xsl";

Congratulations again!

Ignacio Javier Gómez Rodríguez
Analista - Programador

Tfno: 902905590 - Fax:  981571425