[Koha-devel] patches for #2047 broke scanindex searches (was: "freezing" koha 3.0)

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon May 5 15:26:33 CEST 2008

Andrew Moore a écrit :
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
>> sorry, but 1 other example of "better enemy of good" : the patches for
>>  #2047 breaks scanindex searches, that badly fails :
>>  Can't call method "field" on an undefined value at
>>  /home/paul/koha.dev/frantiq/C4/Biblio.pm line 3123.
>
> Hi Paul - Thanks for reporting this.
>
> I can't reproduce this problem, but I can guess a patch based on your
> description. Could you either help me try to reproduce it, or validate
> that a patch helps if I send you one, please?

Just go to "Advanced search", "more option", check "Scan index" and try
so search something (= get the word index of the term you need).
The result of GetRecord is stored in a MARC::Record list scan index or not.
As scan index don't return a true MARC record, Koha build a small one
that just contains the title (= the word) and the author (= the number
of occurences of the word). It's a kind of fake MARC::Record.
and GetMarcBiblio won't find a valid M::R in the DB, as, of course,
there is no ;-)

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com