[Koha-devel] "freezing" koha 3.0

Ryan Higgins ryan.higgins at liblime.com
Wed May 7 07:06:09 CEST 2008

<snip>

>  >   c. one change to accountlines to implement dropbox returns
> >
> >  I still don't have understood that it is, even after some kados
> >  explanations on #koha

In most U.S. libraries, if a borrower returns an item after the library has
closed
on Monday, but before it opens  on Tuesday,  the  item is treated  as
though
it was returned Monday.   The item is usually placed into a  'drop box',
which is available when the library is closed.  This is coded and tested,
but needs to be merged.
The accountlines table will store the last increment of an overdue fine so
it can be
removed when returning an item with 'dropbox mode' enabled.

I do have some significant patches to Overdues.pm in addition to the dropbox
patch;
I have encountered some problems with holidays calendar corrections on fines
calculations.
Will submit these patches by late Thursday.

--
Ryan Higgins

LibLime * Open-Source Solutions for Libraries
Featuring KohaZOOM ILS
888-564-2457 x704