[Koha-devel] Vote NOW for the Koha Community Website Theme

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue May 13 16:11:57 CEST 2008

MJ Ray a écrit :
> "Nicole Engard" <nicole.engard at liblime.com> wrote:
>> I know this discussion has sort of died, but I want to bring it back
>> to everyone's attention.  I'm working on the documentation for Koha
>> and I'd love to be able to share it with everyone, but it's on hold
>> until we get the new Plone site up and running.
>
> Why's this blocking it?  Plone is pretty well-known, so why not
> prepare and share in a Plone-upload-ready format?  Not as good, but
> avoids a blocker.

++

> Well, I've no great problem in junking the design contest (see
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.education.libraries.koha.devel/380
> for why) and I've no idea who is liable for all the lies now in
> http://www.koha.org/about-koha/news/nr1199901668.html
> but I'm sure it isn't "the Koha community" because most of us had
> no involvement in the running of this contest AFAIK.

Unless my English is poor, "lie" mean (at least in French) the intention
to lurk the ppl you're lying to. In the specified case, I'm sure it's
not a lie. For sure an announcement that could have been done by
involving the community sooner. But kados apologizes about that on
january, 20 :
> I'm sorry that you feel left out of the process, and I agree it would have been
> best to air this topic on the list prior to the announcement, I'll
> take responsibility for not doing that.

so for me it's a closed question (maybe it's related to kados doing too
much things, that I opened last week, but I'm not your boss kados, I
just try to be a wise man)

The only interesting one is : how to set up a new koha.org site where we
could share more information.

Kados, pls tell us where you suggest to go, and, pls, avoid saying us
one day "we have done this and that", share before doing/deciding !

cheers

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com