[Koha-devel] RFC: 'Edit-Items' staff permission

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Tue May 13 16:46:18 CEST 2008

Hi All,

What does anyone think about changing the current 'edit-catalogue'
permission into 2 separate permissions?
An 'edit-catalogue' permission, and a 'edit-items' permssion.

The idea behind this is to give the Koha Administrator the ability to:

	1) allow some staff accounts to make changes to a catalog record at
both the bib-level and item-level
	2) restrict some staff accounts to make changes to a catalog record
at the item-level *only*

I have already made a mod for a koha3-beta2 install to do this, and
its a pretty small and safe mod.

I'll work on this tomorrow to get it working with Galen's newer
permissions stuff in HEAD and send over the patch.

Does this sound like a feature we can get included in koha3-beta3?

Cheers, Mason.