[Koha-devel] How do I disable PazPar2 in Koha 3 Beta 2?

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Tue May 13 21:22:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

Like I mentioned here before (in other posts), I have Koha 3 Beta 2
installed in a (Xen) Virtual Machine, running Linux (openSUSE 10.3),
with Apache 2.2.4 and MySQL 5.0.45.

I have tried to set up Koha to use UNIMARC, Zebra and PazPar2.

I added a few document records to the catalog, but my searches in the
"OPAC" (and in the "Intranet") always come back empty, although the
records are being inserted in the MySQL Database (at least, they
appear in the "biblio" table).

I'm thinking that this may be due to having answered "yes" to the
"Install the PazPar2 configuration files? [no]" question during Koha
installation (at a time when I did NOT have installed PazPar2 from the
IndexData web site) .

So, I would like to know this: is there a (preferrably clean and easy)
way of *disabling* PazPar2 *after* having done the Koha installation?

I have searched for "pazpar2" in the "System Preferences"
administration page at
http://hostname:8080/cgi-bin/koha/admin/systempreferences.pl but it
comes back empty.

Browsing the koha-conf.xml file I find these two sections that look relevant:
__________

<!-- Settings for special biblio server instance for PazPar2.
     Because PazPar2 only connects to a Z39.50 server using TCP/IP,
     it cannot use the Unix-domain socket that biblioserver uses.
     Therefore, a custom server is defined. -->
<listen id="mergeserver">tcp:@:11001</listen>
<server id="mergeserver"  listenref="mergeserver">
    <directory>/var/lib/koha/zebradb/biblios</directory>
    <config>/etc/koha/zebradb/zebra-biblios.cfg</config>
    <cql2rpn>/etc/koha/zebradb/pqf.properties</cql2rpn>
</server>

[snip]

 <pazpar2url>http://localhost:11002/search.pz2</pazpar2url>

Any feedback / information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net