[Koha-devel] Koha 3.0 Stable Release Plan

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu May 22 14:55:51 CEST 2008

> Galen and I discussed the blocker, major, critical issues and concluded
> we could address them with a concerted effort before Monday, June 16th.
> I'd like to set that as the date for releasing 3.0-stableRC1, then do a string
> freeze, to allow translators to wrap up any changes to translations, and
> then a final 3.0-stable on July 1.

I'm excited to hear a date for the release. I'm as impatient as
anyone, and I've got still got bugs in /my/ queue!

There are still a lot of bugs in Bugzilla to be fixed, and I don't
take the announcement of a release date as indication that these bugs
can be left unfixed. I think everyone has done a lot of hard work and
it really shows: I think the delay we've seen for this release is
going to be worth it to all our libraries for the better product
they'll get.

We still need a final push to get the bug list pared down. We don't
want to release a buggy 3.0. We've come too far for that. Let's see
some Bugzilla action!

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer