[Koha-devel] Tab stops in source code

Jesse Weaver jesse.weaver at liblime.com
Thu Nov 13 17:51:26 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 7:03 AM, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:

> >> And what about the templates? They are often mind-bending to edit, and
> I've
> >> seen no tools to assist in comprehending their structure.
> >
> > agreed...
>
> The Perl scripts are mind-bending to me. I suspect it's whatever
> you're most used to (I've spent WAY too much time in template world by
> now). But I'd love to hear any suggestions on how to make things
> easier for others.
>
>  -- Owen
>
> --
> Web Developer
> Athens County Public Libraries
> http://www.myacpl.org

I think the main problem with that is HTML::Template::Pro's extremely odd
syntax and very limited capabilities (which, despite their professed
reasons, do _not_ make the templates parsable by a XML/HTML parser or
validatable with a DTD except for simple cases). That is a whole other
tangent, though.

As far as tabs/spaces go, the de facto standard that I know of is 4 spaces
per indent level. This seems to be reflected in the code, and I think we
should put it on
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:codingguidelines .

--
Jesse Weaver