[Koha-devel] CSS errors

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 15:53:56 CET 2008

To be clear, those are warnings, not errors.  This is different in principle
than debug messages since debug messages are ones you send to yourself.

There is a case to be made for making CSS "perfect" according to Firefox,
but in my opinion, not much of one.  Testing a basic catalog search response
page, Firefox/Firebug warns 9 times on a YUI css file, and 3 times on one
from jquery.  I consider these modules essential to Koha and would be
against capriciously editing them just to please a validation scheme.

For that matter, if we want to look at more strenuous validation, the w3c
validator detects 373 errors and 707 warnings, again mostly with YUI (and a
few with jquery):
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fatz.dev.kohalibrary.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Fkoha%2Fopac-search.pl%3Fq%3Dmoney&profile=css21&usermedium=all&warning=1&lang=en

Unfortnately with CSS, I think this is just par for the course.
--Joe