[Koha-devel] bumping the authorised_values.category column to 20 chars ?

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 02:16:21 CET 2008

Hi folks

Any objections to bumping the authorised_values.category column to
say.. 20 chars??

I'm having to make my new auth categories a little terse/cryptic
because of the current 10 char limit

mysql> describe authorised_values;
+------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------
+----------------+
| Field            | Type         | Null | Key | Default |
Extra          |
+------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------
+----------------+
| id               | int(11)      | NO   | PRI | NULL    |
auto_increment |
| category         | varchar(10)  | NO   | MUL |
|                |  <<<<<<
| authorised_value | varchar(80)  | NO   |     |
| lib              | varchar(80)  | YES  |     | NULL
| imageurl         | varchar(200) | YES  |     | NULL
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Good idea or Bad idea ?

Mason.