[Koha-devel] bulkmarcimport.pl in Koha/3

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Nov 21 05:48:14 CET 2008

Galen Charlton wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Rick Welykochy <rick at praxis.com.au> wrote:
>> Can someone with the knowledge point me in the right direction to getting
>> bulkmarcimport.pl working in Koha/3?
>
> Well, bulkmarcimport.pl is not terminally broken in Koha 3.0, as we
> use it all them time, so I suspect that the issue is data-dependent.
> Could you send the three sample MARC records you tried to load?

And so right you are :)

The rewrite of bulkmarcimport.pl in K3 has introduced a more stringent
examination and rejection of malformed MARC records.

In previous version of Koha, we were not providing the field indicators.

In K3 we must provide these in the MARC records.

bulkmarcimport.pl could be updated to provide better error reporting ;)

cheers
rickw