[Koha-devel] hold on another branch

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 18:15:04 CET 2008

Nahuel --

See perldoc C4::Reserves for the logic and database representation.  The
holding branch should use the holds "pick list" report from the staff
client.  Then when they scan in the retrieved items on that list, the
interface will tell them where to transfer it (and update the hold to be
paired to that item).

Holds can be complicated, so it is quite possible there could be "leaks",
but I think it happens often by libraries not following the workflow
correctly (i.e., not scanning the items picked).  In my opinion, this
workflow is the correct process for Koha to use, however.

--Joe