[Koha-devel] RFC: Koha : Merge biblio & biblioitems tables

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Tue Nov 25 13:23:59 CET 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 4:24 AM, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
> In fact I don't care. But atm we have some tables plural, and some
> singular. and for sure, that's a pity !
> I'm for a unique rule !
> and there are more plural than singular, so that would be easier to
> switch to plural I think.

Roughly speaking, 70% of the table names have plural names and 30%
singular.  Although it would be nice to pick a convention and change
all table names to match, I'm not in favor of renaming biblio to
biblios at this point due to the number of queries on that table that
would have to be changed and the risk of adding bugs.  We'll be better
able to make such name changes once an ORM is in place.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton