[Koha-devel] Account types in Koha

Ryan Higgins ryan.higgins at liblime.com
Tue Nov 25 21:37:32 CET 2008

The only account types that are exposed to the interface or any 3.x - ready
scripts are these:

C= credit
FFOR=forgiven
W=writeoff
F= overdue fine
FU= overdue, still acccruing
PAY = payment
A = acc't management fee
M=Sundry
L= Lost Item
N= New Card

I think any other codes that are found in the code should be considered
vestigial
and not part of Koha proper.

The writeoff account type hopefully won't be seen anywhere, as the writeoff
code should be commented out.

I very strongly suggest that credits and charges be separated into separate
tables with
unique keys as the first step in any fines work.

Ryan

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Allen Reinmeyer <
allen.reinmeyer at liblime.com> wrote:

> Sorry, the wiki page is:
> http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:rfcs3.2:rfc32_fine_thresholds
>

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:43 PM, Allen Reinmeyer <
> allen.reinmeyer at liblime.com> wrote:
>
>> In an effort to add some functionality to the fines management, I've added
>> to the RFC for fines thresholds all of the account types I've found in
>> Koha.  It's probably not a complete list yet, especially in respect to
>> understanding what all the fines mean.  If anyone has insight, feel free to
>> add to the descriptions.  At a minimum, I expect to pull all account types
>> out of the code and into a table.  I would like to consolidate types where
>> possible and provide a standard interface to account types.  If any types
>> are missing, feel free to add those as well.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> --
>> Allen Reinmeyer
>> LibLime Developer
>> allen.reinmeyer at liblime.com
>>

> --
> Allen Reinmeyer
> LibLime
> p. 770-888-9743

Ryan Higgins

LibLime  *  Open-Source Solutions for Libraries
Featuring KohaZOOM ILS
888-564-2457  x704