[Koha-devel] RFC 3.2: stop copying item data to MARC and MARCXML

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Oct 1 15:33:57 CEST 2008

Ryan Higgins a écrit :
> I think this move will improve performance quite a bit, as it not only
> affects
> many-item records, but our availability and circ status.  Some quick
> profiling
> reveals that xml parsing is by far the greatest component of most operations
> in Koha.  Removing the need to parse the full bib record on every circ
> transaction
> should be a good step in improving performance imo.

but, on every circ, we want to handle the item update in zebra too right
? so we will have to :
1- update the item in SQL
2- rebuild the MARC record with biblio+items
3- reindex zebra with both

so won't the gain be very small (gain in step 1, but loss in step 2,
that is fast with the actual structure) ?

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com