[Koha-devel] RFC: Koha 3.2 : Mandate item-level circulation rules

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Oct 13 14:54:03 CEST 2008

Galen Charlton a écrit :

> I agree that a bib-level document type or material type is still
> needed.  We should give it a name other than "bib-level item type"; I
> suggest "material type", "document type", or "bib type", and perhaps
> its own column in biblio.

great !
just to point that UNIMARC has a coded field for that. But we prefer
from far a free field (that could be the 200$b, we use for itemtype
atm), as many libraries want specific "bib type" like : "mémoire Lyon",
ou "Thèse 1990"...

So I suggest something like : don't change anything to
200$b/biblioitems.itemtype, except rename it 'biblioitems.bibliotype'
and map it to an authorized value list named "bibliotype"

thus, we would have 2 things :
- bibliotype (for filters)
- item type (for issuing rules)

In fact, shouldn't we rename "itemtype" in items table something like
"issuing type" ?

We have a client (BU Marseille) that clearly will use it as "issuing
type" : "30days", "7 days", "14 days" are the possible values. nothing
related to material.

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com