[Koha-devel] hourly circulation policies

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Oct 15 16:38:25 CEST 2008

Hello Daniel (& koha-dev),

I'm reading your RFCs abour hourly circulation policies. and I have a
question about them.
Here in France, a common situation is the following :
the students can issue ON SITE (in the library) some books (say 10), for
the day.
If they are happy with the book, they can take it at home, and, thus,
make a "classic" issue.
Thus, I was wondering wether your proposal can handle that. I don't
think yes, but maybe i've misread something...

If I'm not misreading, isn't it something that could be interesting for
US libraries ? isn't it a common feature for what we call in France
"conservation libraries". I mean here libraries that have large parts
not accessible to the public :
- the patron ask for a book, to see what is written here
- a librarian goes in the undergrounds to get the book
- it's issued for the day to the patron
- 2 hours later, the patron comes back to the issuing librarian and ask
for a "out of library" (ie : daily rules) issue

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com