[Koha-devel] Constraints on issues tables

Ryan Higgins ryan.higgins at liblime.com
Thu Oct 16 02:33:51 CEST 2008

++ here.  I would suggest going just a bit further:

let's fix the other columns in the table while we're there.

  * what is the difference between branchcode and issuingbranch ?
A transaction can only happen at one location, so that should be NOT NULL
and the other should be removed.

issues.return and returndate should be removed.

We've seen a couple of reports of these phantom loans, which would be made
impossible by db constraints.  So far, evidence points to setting the item
to LOST
(chargelostitem), but the jury's still out.  regardless of the cause of this
particular
bug, I think we should take advantage of the database's integrity features
here:
++galen.

Ryan

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Galen Charlton
<galen.charlton at liblime.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 7:12 PM, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz>
> wrote:
> > Does the issues table now only contain current issues?
> > Ie no history of past issues
>
> Past issues were moved to old_issues a while back, so the reading
> history is still retained until purged or anonymized.
>
> Regards,
>
> Galen
> --
> Galen Charlton
> VP, Research & Development, LibLime
> galen.charlton at liblime.com
> p: 1-888-564-2457 x709
> skype: gmcharlt

Ryan Higgins

LibLime  *  Open-Source Solutions for Libraries
Featuring KohaZOOM ILS
888-564-2457  x704