[Koha-devel] Table Notifys

Jesse Weaver jesse.weaver at liblime.com
Sat Oct 18 04:28:20 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Samuel Gil López
<sgil at qualityobjects.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen a table called "notitys". I understand you use it for save
> the notifications, and later, the cronjob sends a email to user. It's
> ok, but... What is "notifys" saving?
>
> I'm working with suggestions module and I need to make a utility that
> sends emails to user when his suggestions are accepted o rejected. My
> option is to use the same cronjob or similar, but first I need this
> information.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks

I'm not sure what that table does, but message_queue is used to queue up
messages, and misc/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl sends them.

For a good example of how to queue up messages, see the call to
C4::Letters::EnqueueLetter around line 462 of
misc/cronjobs/overdue_notices.pl .

--
Jesse Weaver
Software Developer, LibLime