[Koha-devel] configuration files for Debian packaging 3/3 (default configuration)

Vincent Danjean vdanjean.ml at free.fr
Thu Oct 30 13:15:29 CET 2008

Paul POULAIN wrote:
> Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
>
>>> MARC format for Zebra indexing
>>>  Default: UNIMARC ?
>>>  Level: high ? [1]
>>>
>> Default should be MARC21 as 90% of libraries use it.
>> I agree it's level 'high'
>
> As the main supporter of UNIMARC, I agree with josh. (That should not be
> repeated, but a lot of libraries in France think Unimarc is a
> going-nowhere standard)

Ok, I will switch to default MARC21
And I will forbid change is koha is already installed as switching
seems really out of package scripts capacities.

>>> Authorities indexing mode
>>>  Default: dom ?
>>>  Level: medium ? [is not dom more powerful than grs1?]
>> dom is more powerful, but only available for MARC21 authorities in
>> 3.0, so this should be high.
>
> I would even say dom should not be the default.

With Josh's and your remarks:
* if UNIMARC is chosen, I will not ask and set grs1
* if MARC21 is chosen, I will ask level medium, default grs1
Is it ok ?

  Thanks for your comments
    Vincent

Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean at debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87
Unofficial pacakges: http://www-id.imag.fr/~danjean/deb.html#package
APT repo:  deb http://perso.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable main