[Koha-devel] Patron record "contact note"

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Oct 30 19:44:04 CET 2008

My library is finally beginning the process of migrating from dev_week
to Koha 3. I've noticed something that didn't catch my eye when
working with the sample data. In 2.x, the alternate contact section of
the member record had a notes field, "altnotes." In Koha 3 there is no
longer a notes field associated with "Alternate Contact," but there is
now a "contactnote" field associated with the "Alternate address"
section.

Is this deliberate?

My library currently uses the "altnotes" field to record information
about the relationship of the alternate contact to the patron. If it
were up to me I would simply move the "Contact note" form field into
the section labelled "Alternate Contact" and be done with it.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries