[Koha-devel] availability of a reserved item

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Oct 31 09:39:41 CET 2008

Adrea Lund a écrit :
> I have come across another problem related to holds...  I'm not sure if this
> is the right place to bring it up, but I'll describe it anyway.
>
> When I go to place a hold in KOHA's OPAC or using the staff client, and I
> want a particular volume of a multi volume set - for example our library has
> the DVD set for "Deadwood the complete second season"- KOHA shows you
> specific volume info on the material details page, but then when you click
> on "place hold" that info is gone. You can't tell one volume of the set from
> another, which is a problem if perhaps you have disc 1 and want disc 2 which
> is checked out by someone else.  In the staff client you at least get a
> barcode, but unless you've previously written the barcode down of the volume
> you want, you are out of luck.  This problem could be solved by including
> volume info on the page where you "place a hold on a specific copy."

It's the right place. and I agree with your suggestion, that should be
fairly easy to code if I understand it.
What's the next step ?
As you're working with LibLime, you should 1st ask them.
But, the usual workflow could be :
-file a bug on bugs.koha.org to ask for a modification in Koha
- wait until it's done, or sponsor the development of the feature.

Henri-Damien, the Release Maintainer for 3.0 branch (and my business
partner) will take a look at this request to see if it's as easy as I
think to implement. stay tuned ;-)

cheers.
--
Paul POULAIN