[Koha-devel] Python MySQLdb question

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Tue Sep 2 08:39:33 CEST 2008

I know this is a bit far fetched but I am hunting for any hints anywhere.

I have a script written in python that manipulates data (i.e. reads and
writes tables) just fine for Koha/2.2.9 databases.

This is using python + MySQLdb.

But when I access Koha/3 tables, things are differnt.

Reads are fine, i.e. I can select and read tables.
But writes silently fail, i.e. all inserts are silently discarded.

This is very weird behaviour for python, since it normally raises
an exception if there are *any* problems in the db module.

I am putting it down to differences between the Koha/2.2.9 tables and
the Koha/3.0 tables. The only differences I can see are the charset
used, i.e. Latin-1 vs utf8.

Any ideas?

cheers
rickw

Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services || Internet Driving Instructor

Do you realise that in forty years we'll have thousands of old ladies
running around with tattoos and rap music will be the golden oldies?
       -- Maxine