[Koha-devel] Python MySQLdb question

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Tue Sep 2 09:49:34 CEST 2008

Paul POULAIN wrote:

> Rick Welykochy a écrit :
>> I am putting it down to differences between the Koha/2.2.9 tables and
>> the Koha/3.0 tables. The only differences I can see are the charset
>> used, i.e. Latin-1 vs utf8.
>>
>> Any ideas?
> 2nd difference : 2.2.9 has ISAM tables, where 3.0 has innoDB tables.
> dunno if it's the source of your problem.

Merci bien, Paul!

Google turned up the answer first hit:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/db-sig/2005-April/004404.html

I have added a called to commit() which is required for innoDB
but not ISAM.

Works fine now.

cheers
rickw

Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services || Internet Driving Instructor

Do you realise that in forty years we'll have thousands of old ladies
running around with tattoos and rap music will be the golden oldies?
       -- Maxine